Wednesday, October 27, 2010

White Dwarf?

I was a subscriber to White Dwarf for many year. However, when the magazine content started falling to the wayside and the price kept increasing I stopped subscribing. I will look at it from time to time. I also usually grab an issue if a new codex is coming out.Yes I know the articles that month aren't any better and the new army always wins the little battle report. I guess it is just new codex White Dwarf and it gives me some of GW's take on the newest codex; like asking some softball questions to the author and how to paint your models to win a Golden Demon.

Well, I ordered this month's White Dwarf along with the pre-order Dark Eldar codex. This was early this month, when all the pre-order stuff went up. Here it is the 27th day and still no White Dwarf? I always received it on or around the 15th of the month. Seriuosly, the month is all but over and still no White Dwarf? That is pretty lame. Maybe I'll get it when the codex arrives? Just a complaint, more so if stores and other people have it already.

2 comments:

  1. You're probably not missing much. The Designers' Notes went downhill when they switched from 'here's what I was thinking' (that's one thing I'll say for Gav Thorpe: he was always prepared to tell you exactly what was going through his mutant head when he broke a Codex) to 'LOOKIT ALL OUR SHINIES', which has been the tone for many of them. At least this month's has something by Jeremy Vetock in it and that's always a few pages of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its really too bad they don't put at least one serious tactical article in each issue or some interesting content from one of the designers (I said interesting, Jervis). I like the Golden Daemon pictures, but quite frankly those weren't enough to keep my interest. After about 3 years of reading, I've let my subscription lapse, and I'm not really missing it at all.

    ReplyDelete