Friday, October 29, 2010

Don't mind that bit of tape. I need it to stand for this photo.






As I am waiting for my bike bits to arrive, and I’m so tired of shoulder pads and arms, I started to think how I will make multi meltas. Sure I can buy the bits from the Devastator set, but those are so ridiculously priced it is not an option. So I dug through my bits and found a multi melta from a Land Raider I got really cheap off e-bay (said Land Raider is in such bad shape it is not salvageable for use,……well terrain or Orks). IDEA!

I remember having a chaos heavy bolter and arms. So I grabbed up some marine bits, did some chopping on the heavy bolter and multi melta. A little swapping of the mela gun doo-dads as well. The final product I don’t hate. I like the image of a non-shoulder firing big ole microwave gun.

I figure I’ll have him stand next to his bike. Surely one cannot ride a bike and shoot a multi melta at the same time. That is why loyalists have sidecars.

Yes, traitor legions don’t have access to multi meltas, but ours does. Why? Well it seems dumb that after countless millennium the traitor legions couldn’t make multi meltas, or have someone/thing make them. Hell, just kill some loyalists, take theirs and then just reverse engineer the damn things. IDEA!

Yes! That is what they did. They killed a bunch of Salamanders at the Battle of (deleted via Inquisitorial edict) and salvaged a bunch of multi meltas. They have since put them to use with small bike units. These function to disrupt and destroy armored targets via rapid deployment.

There that bit of background has been added to the force of Night Lords we are using.

1 comment: