Friday, October 15, 2010

More meat for the grinder

Here is another batch of recruits waiting for arms and backpacks. These are two goals for my coming weekend.



I added some face paint on the last two. They have the soccer hooligan screaming faces. They just say, "We're face painters!" I went simple lines on the 1st marine and did a little bat wing pattern on the second. I'll probably lighten them up a bit, since it doesn't stand out enough. Is it scary face paint? Not really, but most face painting isn't really scary, it just amps the wearer up.

I love the chains, belts and bandoleers on the Khorne models. They are just a nice touch.



The dual melta pistols will count as a melta gun. Like the imagery of it, thank you Hong Kong John Woo movies, not America John Woo movie vomit. Other guy will probably be sarge with fist or hammer, not sure which yet.



Last we have some topknots. It isn't a chaos army without topknots. Chaos without topknots is like a day without sunshine.
We also have shark grin helmet. Silly to some, much like the face painters, but once again is what I am looking for in this army.

I want fast and angry linebackers. These are guys that try to intimidate via painting icons wherever they think will work to scare their foes.

The Khorne icons have been removed from the belts and I added eight pointed stars. Sure they aren't perfect, but these are to look as they are just daubed on prior to, or during battle. From a distance, like the lightning I think it works. If you hold it right to your face, it doesn't look as good. I can live with it since I aim to have it look good from a tabletop distance, where they always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment