Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Well I have been pretty much useless when it comes to the blog as of late. I have just been pretty blah with typing and posting lately.
I’m three D&D games behind with follow up tales. I have board game reviews for, Detective: A Modern Crime Board Game, and Mansions of Madness with the Beyond the Threshold and Sanctum of the Silver Twilight expansions and Bears vs. Babies to write. I have been busy binging Narcos and Umbrella Academy on Netflix. I actually sat and semi-painted 25 mindless zombies for the Dust 1947 tournament I am in at Adepticon this year. I still have to do washes and touch-ups to them. We watched the 3rd How to Train the Dragon movie, and I need to jot down thoughts about that too. I even nabbed Anthem for the PS4 and have gotten a few hours into that too. I was back in the world of Borderlands 2 trying to get better and actually beat the main story. I also went back and delved into The Darkest Dungeon again getting super far….like I need only two more expeditions in “the” Darkest Dungeon to complete the game. Well that was until I lost a few key party members and now I need to level replacements.
I have been doing stuff and typing up blog posts in my free time has not been priority.
I need to either get busy doing this again…or walk away from the blog-o-sphere .
Friday, February 1, 2019
Kromden- Dwarf fighter
Tendious- Human Cleric of Tempus
Garriegh “Gary”- Human Cleric of the Storm (dude worships Thor kind of…)
Paleus- ½ Elf warlock
Fenris- Wood Elf ranger
- Using a combination of rope and the thick vines growing out of the pit, the adventurers scale down into the depths below the ruined dragon priest citadel.
- They discover that this ruined fortress looks to have sunk beneath the swamp ages ago. They were now on what might have been the original first floor….or was it just a wyrd basement level? They weren’t quite sure.
- The landing where the pit ended had two exits, one an actual doorway the second a collapse way leading to a crude natural hall beyond. Kromden and “Gary” chose to search through the collapsed wall. As they passed beyond the fallen stones they felt a tug at their feet. As they looked down they saw a small piece of twine unravelling. TRIPWIRE! Suddenly they drenched with think viscous chunky fluid from overhead. The party rushed to see what happened. It appeared the cleric and dwarf were covered in clotted blood and bits of viscera. They had been covered in chum? They weren’t sure what this was about but decided to press forward anyway.
- The rough cut hallway lead to a larger naturally cut cave with a small pool near the far wall. The room was full of cages, drying skins, a weapon rack full of javelins, spears a bow, arrows and short sword. There was also a small pile of furs that looked to be a bed. They group went about exploring the room. Suddenly there was a splash from the pool and a flurry of movement and the sound of breaking glass. A large lizard man with a headdress of red feathers was rushing the party and throwing objects. They group had found “Red Feather.”
- Tendious and Fenris where suddenly caught in a cloud of choking burning yellow green gas. Their eyes began to water. They couldn’t breathe and their skin erupted with painful blisters.
- The sounds of scraping and hissing began to come from small holes around the base of the walls. Several large angry looking lizards began to appear from these holes. Their tongues tasting the air and their yellow eyes affixed to Gary and Kromden. The creatures rushed the pair of chum covered adventurers.
- Kromden and Gary fought off the hungry lizards. Fenris and Tendious couldn’t seem to get out of the choking blister causing gas. Paleus unleashed blasts of eldritch energy at Red Feather trying to bring him down.
- After several moments Kromden and Gary dispatched the lizards attacking them. Fenris and Tendious were able to shake the effects of the gas. They engaged Red Feather with bow and mace. Paleus continued this eldritch onslaught. It didn’t take long to bring the rouge lizard man they were warned about to the ground once all his allies and tricks were spent. They gathered his headdress for proof and went back to explore the remaining ruin.
- As the party travelled the other hall they found what appeared to be a natural fissure the had torn through the area. They followed it a ways and discovered a nest of fire beetles. See how no good would come of dealing with these critters, they backed away and returned to the hallway where they found two other doors.
- Door one lead to a room with a dragon statue holding a curved dish above its head. They noticed that the arms holding the dish lowered with any amount of pressure placed upon it. They tried all manner of items and even people to try and discover what this was about. Sadly, they couldn’t figure out what this was about. Then they decided it was probably something they had missed due the whole “smashed holy symbol key that occurred with Tendious” and moved onward. Yeah this little puzzle solution was tied to that incident.