Wednesday, October 20, 2010

BRAINS! (shuffle, shuffle shuffle)




Well almost a week away is Halloween. This is my favorite time of year, being a fan of all this scary and gross. This year I have much higher expectations though. I am eagerly awaiting the AMC take on Robert Kirkman’s comic The Walking Dead (a fantasmically awesome read) I’m a huge fan of this book and really want the TV. version to be a hit. I have been let down numerous times by stuff like this though and should know better than to get high hopes. However, Frank Darabont is running this show and his stuff I usually like: Shawshank, The Blob, The Mist, The Fly II, and Nightmare on Elm Street 3 (the only one I can watch outside of the original). Sure some of his stuff is drek, but it is fun drek.

I have finally watched some of the promo spots and am happy with the look of what I’ve seen. The zombies look great and the locations/ sets look good as well. The few cast members they have shown also look really descent. Sure they have had internet stuff up for a long while, but I ignored it until now. Mostly to avoid the hype, but it is too late and AMC is running teaser spots all over the place. The last few weeks of October are really the only time, outside of Breaking Bad, that I watch AMC. Sure they cut movies to bits and have way too many commercial breaks for the scooter store; but their Fright Fest stuff is just great stuff.

Also of note in the coming week is the Springfield Zombie Walk. It is for charity sure, but looks to be a descent time. If you are in the area then attend, help a cause, and see/ be zombies. LOOK DETAILS!

SPRINGFIELD ZOMBIE WALK
o When: 5-8 p.m. Oct. 23
o Where: Washington Park (begin at the gazebo)
o How much: free to enter
o Details: costume contest/walk that raises funds for the Epilepsy Outreach Center of Central Illinois and United Cerebral Palsy. People in zombie costumes — presumably in search of brains — will walk and donate money to the two groups. Participants may register at the event. A pub crawl in downtown Springfield follows the event.

Ah pub crawling zombies, this image fascinates me.

Actually we are probably going to hit the zombie walk and then the local haunted house or houses if we feel like driving a bunch. Either way, this coming weekend is the opener in my favorite two weeks of the year, culminating on the 31st where my dark powers reach their zenith! MUUUWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment