Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A small break from arms

Well after many hours of painting arms, I stopped and moved onto bodies. I can only take so much painting of the same bolt pistols, arms and swords. I decided to turn out two models that I may or may not use for this force, a flamer and missile launcher. The standard caveats apply. I like the skulls attached to the missile launcher and whatever their blood written script and sigils mean. Hopefully it infuses this guy to be more accurate.

The flamer marine is from the old metal line, but I like the look of the "old" school armor. I have a few more of these to sprinkle into the force. The previous metal models will give some character to the army. Truly not every Night Lord is a newly formed soldier with fancy new armor. There should be some veterans in the force with their now archaic and baroque armor.






I'll probably use them in games where I want to throw in a tactical squad. I can't argue with a free flamer and missile launcher per squad. Who knows, maybe the 1500 point list will need a full tactical squad? Either way it was a nice quick break from painting 20 odd arms for the assault marines. I'll face the same irritation when I start the backpacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment