Monday, October 10, 2011

Well they aren't from Mars, but they are spiders.

These are the first of my steam powered arachnids. They can be a swarm of three, but I chose to have three individual. The second group I'll throw in a swarm. The Ramos set comes with six of these buggers. I'll probably grab another swarm to have two big bases of these and three individuals.

 Nothing fancy on the paint job. It was a couple Mithril drybrushes, a Delvan wash and green eyes. It was fast and dirty, but I think I gives the desired effect. These are rusty, dingy little bots. They run through the cracks and crevises. They are not supposed to be all shiny and new. Then there is Ramos' ability to create more of these from scrap, so they should still look a bit dingy. Right?




 I thought they would look better if they where climbing over things instead of just standing. I used random bits and hopefully with some dirt/sand on the bases it will look alright.



Was trying for some rust on this random hunk of metal (ogre gut plate). 

3 comments:

  1. It saddens me to think how many people will miss this reference.

    For shame all of those who know not where this reference comes from!

    Finger of shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a shame... A real; Wham-bam-thank you ma'am!

    ReplyDelete