Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Family movie fun time!

We hit two freaky families and one family in peril tonight.
A classic and still so weird, even today…..

There are still parts of this movie that make me cringe internally even after many viewings. This is just so weird and awesome at the same time.
Next is the Firefly family and their shenanigans in………
This is a very polarizing movie, as people either really love or really really hate it. There are parts of both of those camps in me. I hate the over use of Sherry Moon-Zombie, the weirdness, and the jump cut clip nonsense. I love the soundtrack, the liquor store in the film has the best name ever, Captain Spaulding, the weirdness and the fact that Chris Hardwick and Rainn Wilson are both in it (before anybody really cared about them).

Last is a family in peril in………
This film scared me so bad in my youth with that clown, the creepy tree, the maggot steak and that face part in the bathroom. I overcame those fears and have loved this movie for years.

4 comments:

  1. Nice “family movie” theme post!

    TCM is just one of those films that really retains so much of the raw disturbing feel even to this day with all its imitators – a true horror classic.

    I went back and rewatched House of 1000 Corpses a couple years ago – and it’s all right – but it does seem to want to capture some of the TCM magic – but there’s no denying it’s freaky.

    Poltergeist is a fun movie – certainly one of those that I’ve wanted to revisit as a series as I remember good things about it from when I watched it on cable all those many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it comical that Tobe Hooper directed both Texas Chainsaw and Poltergeist. He must have some deep family issuses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right! He did - didn't he! He also did a fun alien/vampire movie called LIFEFORCE that I'm sort of fond of...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fond of Mathilda May in that movie. Hubba Hubba!

    ReplyDelete