Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Well into the fall season

November is upon us and winter will be here before we know it.

Miniatures and such......

This past month has given me nothing but Necron rumors, and I avoided them all but one. I grabbed the codex and it will be here by weeks end. I have a sizable necron force. I'll go into detail about them in another post, but for now they are soon to be on the tabletops a bit more often.

Will that change the game? Nope! This will be a new army for some and an update for others. I think it will change the game as much as Dark Eldar did and not much more than that. Once people realize how awesome initiative 2 and glancing vehicles is, well then players will return to their Astartes army of choice.

I'll be happy with a new codex, especially for an army that is near and dear for me. This is the 1st codex release I really have a vested interest in. I await the book and ignore the internet noise about this army. It is the best way to go, I just wish more people thought that way. It would cut down on the stupidity.

I am all but done with painting, minus a few backpacks that need highlights. Then it is on to a big project (one of two) that I have been letting sit for too long.

T.V. land time.............

Walking Dead is still great, and I'm getting better at separating the comic from the show. It is still difficult, but I'm managing. The Talking Dead after show isn't awful and Chris Hardwick does a descent job running it. it is worth the 1/2 hour.

American Horror Story has turned out to be a fun show. It is a ghost story vs. family with sexy results! It has some great "What the shit!" moments. I'm not sure how they can make it last for more than a season or two with it getting stale or just too weird. It has a great creep factor and is fun, so I'll stick with it until it turns to crap.

Gaming.......
Borrowed Rage and didn't hate it. It was a more than typical first person shooter. It was an Id title through and through. I might grab it when it price drops or shows up in the used titles. It was fun, but not full price fun.

Other than that, the video game front is barren for me, until next week. I am very much awaiting Skyrym. The Elder Scroll games are a riot and do a phenomenal job of sandbox fantasy. The ability to dual wield is what I am most excited for. It has been a long time coming. I look to make a sword and spell slinger or the standard two weapon wielding brute first. It will be a game time decision, but I'll probably run both eventually. Only another week and change until this game wrecks my free time with utter AWESOMENESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment