Sunday, November 20, 2011

4th edition Necron showcase---fast

Now we get to my favorite unit from the last codex, the Scarabs! I can't rave enough about how awesome these guys were in the last book. They caused more havoc and doom than any other unit in that codex. Well at least in my area. If they didn't drag their target down, they kept it tied up and away from my horribly combat ineffective Warriors.



Now everyone and their sister thinks they are awesome now, but where they before? These thing are one of the two units to rock in the 4th ed and the world of 5th ed (before the fancy new codex). Screw those Destroyers and all that everyone said about them! Scarab swarms was where it was at!








Just like the Warriors and Immortals before I ran out of materials for basing and never finished the last few bases.

Now these jokers were fun to use, but not terribly effective in battle or in cost. I like the idea of Wraiths, they just didn't do enough back in the day. They had a great strength and armor save; but the high points cost, small squad size and "We'll be back." range made them a bit tricksie to use effectively.
I mad two of them to look like they were "swimming" through the ground. It was the best I could do to show their ignore terrain phasing ability.
Since these are no longer available, and look to be replaced with a new model (if the codex drawing is the new look for them) I'm not sure if these guys will ever see the table again. That kind of blows since they are a bit better and a bit worse in the new codex. I'll probably give them a go, since I have models for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment