Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My 4th Edition Necron showcase---Elite

Well once these were both elite units, and now the Immortals are troops. Hooray? Well I'm not sure yet.


Like the Warriors I cut the guns down to remove the green rods. I think I has a much better look on the Immortals than the Warriors. I should still rectify that sometime.......




I thought these were a bit of a pain to put together. That left arm to the gun, or tiny metal chicken wing, was a bit of a bitch to glue and hold.
These guys still needed a few guys in some state of climbing from the beneath the loamy earth. A few simple leg cuts and that was accomplished. Much like the last few Warriors I ran out of basing materials and five of them went to the tomb grass and dirt free.


I really liked converting the Flayed Ones. Once again G.W. let you buy actual bits. I grabbed a whole mess of Flayed One claws. I was not a supporter of the covered in skin Necrons, and still think it is silly.


I liked the idea of angry Warriors with claws, and decided on that route. A blood red paint job in place of the lightning blue.
The coming out of the ground looks a bit creepier with the claws instead of guns. I think it has a great monster effect, along with the creepy red eyes to show their Horrific Visage (or whatever rule they once had).



No comments:

Post a Comment