Monday, November 7, 2011

Steamborg a love/ hate assembly

Well with Ramos, arachnids and now this guy done...my Malifaux stater crew is complete. I just need to find a game somewhere. That will be the hardest part.






First the small bit of hate. He was a pain to glue and required some pinning. I couldn't get a good pin on the arms and can only hope they snap off over time, or if he ever falls. The lean back pose is a bit strange, but I posed him to look like he is rearing up, so it looks a bit better. The glue and accelerator should hold the unpinned parts together well. If he ever falls...well then he is probably done for, like most metal models.
Now with the hate aside, I love the concept of the Steamborg. A big bio-tech steam monster is just a cool idea! The scissor hand is great! Hopefully it will shear off some limbs. The wires and plug on his torso are also a nice touch.
I trimmed off the butt plug thing he had since it just look too weird. He was really easy to paint and after a few washes was done in no time. On the table...well I don't know if he rocks or not. He does cast an imposing shadow and is never a bad thing.

I also like the crate he is pinning down (it must be full of soulstones). He looks to be rearing up to protect it from some unlucky assailant.

I added a small scar/battle damage down the left side of his face. I might hit that again with some darker red. It sort of looks like the chest wires with the color it is now.

Now to find a game....................

No comments:

Post a Comment