Monday, November 28, 2011

The metal behemoth arrives to the sound of cheering Chaos troops!

Well here is is the body of the Storm(fill -in the blank).
After a rather long weekend away, I did get sometime to finish this beast yesterday afternoon and late last night.


I added a dozer blade, which is two old school predator dozer blades together, to give it a little umph up front. if the model size wasn't enough already. Sadly, it is a bit crooked, but since it is pinned I can probably bend it a bit to straighten it. Damn I thought it was in better when the glue was drying, oh well a simple fix.

The dual Aquilas are properly cut through as a symbol of where the loyalty of this tank lies. There is also some dark fluid seeping from the front view port another tie-in to my Chaos force.

The finished product is below...........

Another desecrated Aqulia and some hanging skull chains to tie into my renegade Relictors/ Mechanicus theme.


The rows of spikes have three skulls on them, these are the heads of enemy tank commanders. The crew finds it appropriate to mount a fallen enemy tank commander's head as a trophy. They also add another bloody chevron to their banner (last post) for each head taken. 


The crew platform, when in Stormsword (Doomhammer, Banehammer) mode, has a hole drilled for the placement of the banner. There is suitable blood pools and drippings there from the constant addition of runes, script and such.

The dozer blade pins run from the blade up into the tank itself. I used some green stuff to help hold them in place. There was an issue with the metal rod bending through the drilled holes and it staying in place with glue, so putty was used and it seems to have worked. 




A fully armed and operational Stormlord! There is just something appealing about a S6 AP3 heavy 15 gun (VULCAN MEGA BOLTER!!). A gun that can be fired twice at the same or a different target, if the tank chooses not to move in the movement phase.

The bloody banner proudly arrayed for the enemy to see!


Having four lascannons, five twin-linked heavy bolters and an open topped crew compartment (but only counts as open for shooting) isn't too shabby either.


Then we have the Stormsword, Doomhammer and/or Banehammer. Yup it looks the same for three of those choices and I'm fine with that. I'm sure my opponents will be fine with it as well, since I'll never use this anywhere but in our local gaming basement o' love.

The Stormlord option is probably my favorite after the Stormlord. A S10 AP1 10" blast that ignores cover seems a very potent weapon. Especially with 4+ cover everywhere.
Now the Banehammer with it's S8 AP3 7" blast and the Doomhammer (great name) with a S10 AP1 5" blast are nothing to sneeze at either; they just don't make units evaporate if they hiding in a building or behind some trees.

Well there you go, my first and only super heavy. I have not want or need to make another big model like this. It wasn't difficult, it just sat for almost two years and gods know where/what I'll be doing in two more. I know, not sitting and looking at a giant model 40K tank to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment