Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My 4th edition Necron showcase- HQ

Well with the troops section dine here are their not so fearless leaders. 
Mr. On Foot Lord has a Rez Orb, Warscythe (mad from green tubeless Staff o' Light) and his Destroyer head is/was the Gaze of Flame upgrade. I never took to the metal official lords, so I made him from bits. he has a sort of Saturday Night Fever pose, but it was the best I could do with what I had.

Both of these guys served me well and even gave a bit of annoyance, with the all save negating Warscythe. Now they will probably return to their Tombs since the new lords look much better, and the Rez Orb will probably not be very prevalent in a Necron force I would run.




This is my Destroyer Lord. I was never a big fan of the Destroyer models and wanted him to stand out from the regular Destroyer Lords. I went with Wraith body and Rez Orb and Staff o' Light arms. Once again it was the best  I could do with what I had and what was available.


Then we have Mr. Deceiver, the one time HQ with great stats and a big ole price tag. I was trying for a silver over gold skin and seem to have come up a bit short. I will never say I'm a super awesome painter, but I am better than this. I would probably repaint him if I had any want to use the lesser Shard version of the C'Tan.

He wasn't a bad unit, just too expensive and having powers that go off enemy leadership was and still is pretty pointless. He was scary for a minute and people just ignored him and killed everything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment