Monday, August 1, 2011

A look into the future?

Not sure I'll jump into this game, as I know of zero people who play. However, I see the Wyrd people, they make this game, at Gen Con every year. Hell I remember when they were starting out and pimping their models and upcoming game, Malifaux. Mayhaps they can get me interested (well if they want monies they will) or uninterested in this game. A silly rules set or an overly complicated one will easily drive me away. I'm looking for a Goldilocks rules set here, and we know those are hard to come by.

Well there is a lot for me to like in this game: undead, steampunk, horror, and other assorted oddities. Hopefully I can get a demo, or watch a game or two. Then I might make a decision. The real problem is lack of players near me, well at least those I know. I would have to get the gang interested and we would have to learn it together. It always seems to help learning the game from an experienced player as to a bunch of newbies figuring it out together.

After some light reading and model perusing, I really like the look of some Arcanisits and Outcasts. Yes I know the Ressurectionists should just scream at me for use (zombies be here), but I want to break the cycle just a little bit. I know if I/we take to this game, I'll have a Ressurectionists group eventually.

So look out Wyrd Miniatures, I'm coming to Gen Con this weekend and you better dazzle my pants off if you want my cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment