Thursday, August 25, 2011

Khorne's puppies

Well it doesn't say Khorne army without some of his lovable hounds. I decided to add a squad of these to my force. I'm not sure they are a great unit, but they fit the theme.

I really hate the Flesh Hounds that G.W. has so I went for an alternative model. These are the previous Dark Elf Cold Ones. I was originally using them for Dark Eldar Warp Beasts. Well, since I shelved that force, I thought these would serve a better purpose under the guise of Flesh Hounds.



They are not the sacred number I want, 8 for Khorne, but I'm getting past that rather quickly. I think a squad of 6 is fine for what they need to be, harassment/ blocking.

Just like the Bloodletter squad from yesterday, I need to get the gooey blood on their bases. However, i want to get all my latest Khorne stuff done so I only have to mix that stuff up once. Hopefully it will look alright pooled around the skulls and sand.
I made a few adjustments and touch-ups from when these were just Warp Beasts (way before the current Dark Eldar codex) not fancy new Khymera. It was nothing major, they look pretty much like this before, so it was a real easy fix to make them Flesh Hounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment