Tuesday, August 2, 2011

GEN CON WEEK! (a retospective)

It is one of my favorite weeks of the year, the week building up to gen Con Indy. Being a regular attendee since 2004, I get a bit jazzed as the week progresses. It also helps that it is only a two hour drive from here in Illiniois. I figured I'd share some of the photos I've nabbed from the last three years. I am still old school and perfer actualy film to digital. I know that is completley archaic. I have had a digital camera with me, via Manders, the last three years, and it does make it easier to share these photos with the interweb.


The costumes......

Not a true Con without Strom Troopers working the door security.


a strange mash-up of villians


He was really into whatever character he was.

The only Gammorean Guard I've ever seen

No idea here either, but they look happy!


Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."


Dark Elf and Dante?

Dude Vader was spot on and had lightsaber and Vader action sounds.

No idea what this is, but he looks happy.

"I have such wonderful things to show you!"

Jareth the Goblin King (a favorite of Manders)

The 10th Dr?

Proper Time Lords

LuLu!

No idea what this is, but she is happy to show me

Captain Jack Sparrow?

random booth hottie

Storm Trooper was teaching lil' Storm Trooper how to corral a Jedi (off camera)


It's not a Con without the Fett!
 Big room displays..........
Trolls like dice

Behold! The Beholder!?!?

From the Dante's Inferno display (God O' War meets literature)

HEY A SCALE SIZED T.A.R.D.I.S....Whose the asshat in my background!? Oh yeah....me.

Severed Dragon Head from the Dragon Age demo booth

Giant Angel thing display on second floor

a sweet example of how to make scenery

undead bike in the art gallery

My kid being eaten by the 30th aniversery D&D display

Assorted cool minis
"I'll swallow your soul!"

Sweet Menoth vs. Cryx diorama

Skorne is made of delicious noms!

The only 2 Spinespur models that interst me. I wonder why?

angry snowmen

angrier snowmen


A spectaculatr diorama (Reaper models)

nurglings vs. phone
 some gaming tables......
 two fairly simple gaming table photos....

 two fairly complex gaming tables....

 Fianlly.....WHEATON!!!

"Well, if it isn't Wil Wheaton, the Jar-Jar Binks of the Star Trek universe."
I have so many more pics. These are just a sampling of the last three years. The gods only know what I'll get to photograph this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment