Friday, August 5, 2011

Gen Con 2011 what is on the list?

For the last 6 years I have skipped over to Indy for this little convention, Gen Con. I have gone with the guys, I have gone with my kid, and I've even turned Manders into a fan the last two years. It is a good time and I always return home with treasures.

Every year I usually go with a short list of "needed" items. The last few years they have been models to build or finish 40K armies. This year though I have no real 40K army needs. I do not want to start a new force. I have pretty much all I need for Chaos, Necrons, and Night Lords. I even have a Dark Eldar force that is 3rd ed. models and could flesh them out, but they are very close to becoming an E-bay auction. My Demons could use a bump to 1500, but the Blood God just isn't calling to me now. So where does this leave me? What bargains and treasures am I going to return with?

I have no damn idea!

There are always a few descent shirt vendors that call to me. The Dr. Who people have gotten a bigger following and always have some good kitchy stuff. Flying Frog is pimping a new game and I have had good dealings with them in the past. Privateer is usually too cramped with people to hang around, but another demo of Warmachine or Hordes would be helpful. I'm still on the fence with that game system.

Outside of this I'm lost for what I want this year. This could be good as I'll spend less money. It could also be bad since I'll have more money to spend on shineys, penny whistles and Moon Pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment