Friday, June 1, 2012

New White Dwarf non-review


I walked away from the G.W. publication of choice a few years ago. We know what is and some of us even remember what it used to be.

However, this month I was going to actually break my White Dwarf fast and grab the newest issue. The new skimmers (of FLYERS as everyone calls them) intrigue me. I mean there will be background, rules and lots of pretty pictures of these new units. Plus I wanted to see if they were just skimmers or flyers as the internet has said were coming with the rumored to be newest edition.





I decided since I would be nowhere near a game store, for quite a while, to just buy it online. It would cost a bit more, but it would come to my house. I'm fine with that. I grabbed it and checked out. Imagine my surprise when yesterday I received an e-mail saying it was no longer available and I was refunded my money.

Well that is a kick to the nuts now isn't it? I guess I'll just miss out. I do find it strange that they ran out of copies in the U.S. I guess it isn't an awful loss since all the stuff I wanted to see is on the internets already. Still I was actually a bit put out by it. I never would have thought there would be zero copies of a White Dwarf from G.W.'s America site.

Well, instead of talking about what I find cool or lame about these new models I'll just look at the internet and have it tell me instead. I guess if G.W. wants to sell more White Dwarf mags in the states, then put out more stuff like this. You know models, rules or articles gamers want to read or use. There seemed to be plenty of the previous issues from the last few months on-line still. Why is that? I wonder?

I guess I learned a lesson.....get a subscription, order early or drive to a game store if I want a White Dwarf that has something people really want to see in it. That or just walk away again and wait for the interweb to tell me whats what.

No comments:

Post a Comment