Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Winter War 38


The end of this month is Winter War which is East Central Illinois little gaming convention. It is to be held Jan 28-30 in Champaign Illinois. Why am I mentioning this? Well to get people there and get the information about it out.

Here is their link http://www.winterwar.org/

This is the chance to get out and game people. Get out of your basements and go to this. We could use something down state that is our Adepticon. If you game, whatever it is role, board, war, miniature….or even…..the dreaded card, get out and play. Support this event!

To the organizers…..get the word out about this event. Stop making it a “secret” or a little known convention. It is 2011; get the word out about a mid state game convention. There is no reason people who game and live within two to three hours away not know about this event. Use this internet thing that we have to get people interested. Get the local gaming watering holes to push people to go, and bring friends.

Why am I spouting off about this? I am just the messenger. I’m trying to get the non-interested interested. I’m trying to inform the uninformed. If you like gaming, then check the event listing, sign up and go. If you don’t see a game listed, then contact the organizers and see if they can get it going. If there isn’t a game listed, then contact them about running it.

At this time there isn’t a 40K event listed and that is somewhat sad. There is, I’m told, a 40K presence in the Champaign area. Why is there no 40K game? Get on it and get it out there to the masses!

I’ve given you all the information. The rest is up to you gamers. If you are near or live in central Illinois/ western Indiana, game, and are free the last weekend in January…this is what you should have on your schedule, Winter War 38.

ADDENDUM: Seriously?! Why is there no 40K, Warhammer Fantasy or even a Privateer Game? Get on this people. I can only spread the word as I am working that weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Here here! I've been down here for 4 years and this is the first I've heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, it has been a year so you missed #39 as well.

    ReplyDelete