Monday, January 17, 2011

another Skaven conversion idea

A few weeks back the Hellpit Abomination showed up on the web. I immediately thought it would make a suitable Soulgrinder, with some cutting and pasting.

Now Ikit Claw has appeared and I am struck with another idea. This guy could be a Haemonculus.



I am thinking lose the head and replace it with on of the Wych shield/ visor head.  That would add a bit of a futuristic surgical strangeness.

The tail would be the next to go. If cutting and filing doesn't work, then I can easily add a spikey bit or bob to the end of it. You know, make it look like a mechandrite.

Will have to shave off some of the Skaven symbols.

Then the rat symbol on the back piece is gone. The piece can stay since it looks arcane and weird.

The pouches and robes are a nice touch. The wires, tubes, mechanical components, backpack vat/container and extra doo-dads are great.

The  spear/ glaive is great as a venom blade or what have you.

The claw arm can function as a scissor hand and liquifer gun. The nozzle, tubes, backpack vat and claws surrounding all this make me think.....crazy arm weapon/liquifer gun and scissor hand.

So will I do this? Probably not, but know you can. It would be a pretty simple conversion. It also fills the role of needed Haemonculus, since the old models for them just dodn't hold up. I never really thought they were great to begin with. I use a Cephalyx Mind Slave as my Haemonculus.



They work well and look the part. If you don't like the models now and are iffy on converting.

No comments:

Post a Comment