Monday, July 2, 2012

"This isn't the 6th edition post you are looking for."


"You don't need to see the 6th edition 40K rules."
  
With all the interwebs in shambles and excitement over the new 40K edition, I thought I’d take some time and get away. I don’t have the rules and everyone else has only had then for 1-3 days by now. I think it silly to contribute to the 1st week madness that comes with a new rule book. However, it is the nature of the beast for others to dive right into it.





I imagine the 40K celebrities and internet tough guys have all the must have units, list builds, ally combos and rule exploits found by now. How? Who knows, but they probably do. The loyal followers will plug-and-play with them until what they are doing is overridden by the next big thing, unit, or what have you. There will also be the obligatory naming of things and acronyms that people will race to trademark. It is another part of the madness of a new edition. A large amount of general silliness that is often hard to ignore.

Myself, I am still wondering weather or not to procure a rulebook and might just wait until it hits the seedy back alley of the internet. I am super curious to the changes to my armies and if there is a want to still play with a new edition.

Until then, I’ll plod along painting and video gaming in my non-40K bubble. I’m sure I’ll see some stuff here and there, but I’ll ignore this as the madness of the release. I’ll reserve judgment until I can actually read the rules. Then I’ll assess my 40K future.

Until then if you want the FRESH & NEW 40K from me…..

“Move along.”
“Move along.”




2 comments:

  1. A welcome break from the frenzy! I myself will wait for the starter set, which will hopefully have a handy small rulebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit sad there was no starter set release. What a good way to get new players interested than with a set with models and rules.

    ReplyDelete