Friday, July 20, 2012

Non Illuminor Szeras finished

A great model, poor material and pants on head rules. It must be Illuminor Szeras!


After a not so pleasant Finecast experience, My non-Szeras Necron guy is done. I'm not sure what he'll be, probably a random Cryptek or Overlord if I'm bored. 





I really like the bug/spider-ish body he has. A shame he is Finecast and that stuff sucks both in material and cost. If he was plastic or damn it even metal, I'd probably buy multiples of Szeras to use as Crypteks. 


I chose orange because...well I was bored. The majority of my Necrons have lightning blue for "lighting". My Flayed Ones have red. My poor useless Flayed Ones.........
I guess my Crypteks will have orange if I make more of them.


Since his staff was lost to the bent and quasi-resin filled gods, I cut up my Command Barge Lord's staff o' light and did a simple cut and arm swap.It looks different enough to still be a Harbinger of the (insert whatever).

I had to had to try and fill a bubble in his head wiring and should have used a tiny bit more putty. I also chopped the Eldar probed head off and replaced it with a random blade bit instead. I was going to just nix the little arms, but didn't have good luck with the green stuff and such. He still has pedipalps or T-Rex arms for whatever he needs to use them for.

No comments:

Post a Comment