Friday, April 13, 2012

Prelude to another night of gaming.



Yeah the last game we played was totally this bad ass!
I approach another weekend of gaming and have yet to throw anything together. The party we have has basically ended their first semi-campaign. They are all sitting on or near 5th level. We are still a bit off with the new system, but it is easier and more familiar each time out, well for me it is.



I need to start with some world building, now. The problem is it has all been done before. I was almost about to just throw them into the 2nd edition world we had created, but decided against it. That seemed like an easy cop out. Instead I have started simple with a build as we go kind of attitude. I'll see how that works as our gaming gang butchers their way through the next obstacle put before them.

The last session went pretty well. There was a bit of tension in a few of the encounters. Thankfully for them, my dice were pretty cold all night. Well save for a brutal attack on Mike from Captain America (the fig I was using). Still they waded throguh various goblins and eventually cleared out their leader. That was a typical end boss fight for me. This is where the big bad doesn't do too much, only hits a couple of times and does little damage. Meanwhile, the peons nickle and dime the party down to hit points in the teens. It still gave a sense of fulfilment to end that mini-champaign.

If anything it got our group to play and want to play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment