Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Necron wave 2 and who hasn't seen them yet?


Well outside of one character and two vehicles, the Necron line has or will soon have almost a complete set.

The Illuminor Szeras models looks great, but he sucks as a unit and is on a Terminator sized base from the look of it. I might find a conversion use for him...maybe?
Zahndrekh is in some Ole! type bullfighter pose. So no thanx, plus any Catacomb Barge lord will work for him. Why buy him?
Obyron might make for a great warscythe lord. He looks menacing enough.
Hey look Destroyer upgrade packs.....Meh!



These are so wierd that I like them more with a model. The guns might look a bit better if they were mounted laterally and if possible that is where I would place them.

Looks a little busy for my taste. Maybe it will look better in person? It does make the old metal Spyder look very borning and static.


Another on the fence model for me. They are both better and worse than the previous Wraith models. It does look like they will have a bunch of conversion potential. I'm just not sold on the heads of these guys and some of the accesories.


Finally, the model I wanted and it didn't turn out too awful. Now line of sight might  be a bitch with the underslug gun, with cover the way it is and all that. The lack of a base is also a bit of a pain, or another case Defiler Syndrome. Still I'll probably buy one of these just to build it. Will be nice to see a size comparison though. Is this Defiler size or Dreadnaught with extra legs? Also could/ would I be able to convert this to a Command Barge? That would be a much cooler look for my HQ's ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment