Monday, April 16, 2012

One more year closer.......


Another year and another birthday day is complete. It was actually a descent time this year too. It isn’t that previous years have sucked, it is just I did a lot more over the weekend than expected.



Friday was out for Chinese food and catching up on DVR shows. Then it was off to work 3rd shift.
Saturday was home from 3rd’s and then opening birthday presents. Then it was a nap until 1:00, a shower, snack and off to game with the boys. A descent game it was; a few challenges, a very short character death, some loot, and a few character advancements. There was also a bucket of chicken, way too many jelly beans and ice cream in the most excellent form of a cake.

Sunday was a trip to the movies, Cabin in the Woods. A steak dinner followed. There was a shared moment with a fellow nerd that understood Mander’s Dr. Who shirt. He also thought the sonic screwdriver I always keep with me was most excellent. Good to see that we geeks are slowly becoming legion! Then it was off to get a frosty birthday cake batter flavored milk shake. A trip home and short wait for the new, and most excellent, Game of Thrones episode.

An eventful and rewarding weekend in my opinion. The only downside is that the new Chucks (which I got a pic of and they are covered in skulls) Manders bought me did not arrive in time. They are still in transit due to some internal S.N.A.F.U. Still they should be here this week so no big.

So, one more year closer to my mid-life crisis. Damn I’m getting old!

1 comment: