Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Another model from the backlog done

Many years ago Tom, our groups fritatta, gave me a Pariah. I never had a use for them, but now it seems I do. I give you a Necron Cryptek.


The warscythe was cut and replaced with a spare Wraith hand weapon thingie. It makes for an acceptable (insert fancy Necron name) Staff . It is the bit on the end that makes it special and Necron magiacal!



The only real issuse was that the warscythe was bent a bit in the blister pack. I know that is incredibly rare for a G.W. metal product to have an imperfection like this. I made it as straight as I could, without breaking or warping the hell out of it, but it still looks a bendy.

If I ever get around to playing Necrons (or really spending the money to make mine playable), then old Pariah models would make great Crypteks. It is another jog through E-bay to find them and hope they are not in stupidly over priced auctions.

Damn that warscythe/ staff looks bendy. CURSE YOU BENDY METAL MODEL BITS!

2 comments: