Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 gone 2012 ahead

Now that the stupidity of the holiday season is over what do I have to offer?

G.W. stuff is slowly disappearing from my to-do list. The problem becomes what to do when that is all done? I would love to start a new army. I am becoming more of a hobby guy than a gaming guy. However, this requires cash that could be better used elsewhere.

There is also the lack of gaming that is occurring in our little group. We play a few times a year instead of weekly. It is mostly due to real life, other games and Tom being in another state 10 months of the year. We could always try the game stores, but for us, that is an exercise in futility. The local scene is fantasy and we care not for that, although the models in that range are becoming quite awesome!
Then there is the rumor of a new edition on the horizon. I have 3 editions of various rules knocking around in my head now, I'm not sure I want a 4th up there. It is also not a popular idea for the group. So will 6th edition be the end of 40K for us? Maybe, but who really knows? I can really swing either way here. I'll be sad to not play anymore, but happy to not have to spend ever increasing amounts of money on new 40K stuff.

Gaming has me running through Skyrim still. I have too much fun exploring and killing dragons instead of the main quests. It hasn't become stale yet and it will keep me occupied until Diablo 3 hits, or until the release date is announced.

We are looking at 4th edition D&D so that might become a new thing for us old 2nd edition players. I'm hoping the even editions are where it is at. Since 1st was ok, but it had a lot of limits. 2nd edition was the bomb! We looked at 3rd and said no thank you, as did all the other 2nd edition players we know. It might have been fine for naive people just starting, but for the hardcores it was drek (and the idea of D&D 3.5 just sticks in my craw).

The NFL playoffs have also been set and sadly Denver has won the West. How? Well through a wonderful ballet of trips, stumbles and the fact the Raiders suck worse than them. The world has seen what Tim Tebow has to offer and it is still pretty bad. He has a terrible throwing style and is drek in and out of the pocket. However, people are still flocking to him. Why? I still don't know. Either way, the Steelers should put an end to my season of misery. It is very sad that I have to hate my team because of the d-bag player quaterbacking it. Wait they did beat the Bears and that did give me some satisfaction. Stupid Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment