Friday, January 31, 2014

"UNLEASH THE FURY!"

 
The new big bad in the area, the Dire Troll Mauler is here!
 
 



I opted for the previous metal model instead of the new plasti-resin version. This metal version has a great look of angry and ready to just lose it on someone or something.
This guy means business!







This might look great, but it was a real muther to put together. There are pinned bits everywhere and putty holding them altogether. As long as he doesn't fall off a table, ( so help my sanity if he does) he should hold together for the duration.

I tired to do the whole light skin/dark skin bit with shading and failed several times. The hands I think turned out ok. His cheast and belly, well that was an experiment in failure. After four attempts, I just surrendered and realized I cannot do the whole skin tone shading bit. A simple blue wash and I was done. Either that or I would still be working on this guy.



The good news is that on the tabletop I don't really notice this so I can live with it.

A fantastic model, it is just a shame this pose isn't captured as well in the new plasti-resin version. If you want a Mauler and don't hate drilling and pinning, then grab this version of the model for your battle force.

No comments:

Post a Comment