Monday, October 7, 2013

A different take on Halloween fright

The month of October usually has me talking of monsters, slashers, beasts, undead and the sort. This year I am going in a bit of a different direction. I'm going to keep a Halloween theme of monsters, aliens, demons, soulless killers and the sort, but just a different angle.
Instead of focusing on the good scares from this time of year, I'm going to focus on the bad. See, there are good Hollywood movies and there are SyFy originals and a myriad of in between. However, there are certain films that are slated to be great, and just fail miserably. These are scary bad movies. Films that invoke nightmares with their awful acting, horrible effects and frighteningly bad plots. These are what I refer to as scary, but not intentional, films.





What movies make for a scary, but not intentional, film? Well the easy targets that jump to the front for me are: Batman and Robin, the Matrix 2, Die Another Day and Transformers. These are all big name films that are just awful on various levels. They are so bad that it is scary how they were made, frightening how they were touted as good and have nightmarish bad elements. 
There is nothing that is primal level scary about the movies I'll review. It is horrible that I have seen them and frightening that I admit to seeing them all. I'll stick to a few known Hollywood films that are ghoulishly awful. The first will be about horrible aliens and their oppressive reign. Then I'll touch upon some demons and revenge. After that will be a few tales with murderous intent. I'll end with a typical tale of zombies and doom.
Now take my hand as we travel together to see into the first film of non-frightful fright.............

No comments:

Post a Comment