Friday, April 19, 2013

A happy zombie suprise!

Last night I was told of an event I might want to attend. Max Brooks, the author of one of my favorite books, was doing a talk called “Talking Dead with Best Selling Author Max Brooks: Zombie Expert." and a book signing afterward.



After moving around some of my more pressing engagements I was able to attend. I had no idea what to expect, but it was about a zombie book, was free and I really had nothing else to do. It did not disappoint.

Max Brooks is actually fairly funny and his take on the zombie apocalypse is pretty damn cool. He spoke for almost and hour about his writings, zombies, survival techniques, pop culture, history, science and society. He then answered some questions from the crowd and that is where it became a bit painful. I am a nerd and man do I hate my own kind. There are many levels of "us" and the lowest common denominators (neck beards, mouth breathers, thunder-bellies, turd fergusons and big fat stinkers) are always the people to ask questions. The upside is that Max Brooks is very quick witted and made light of some of the (most of) the audience questions.

After the talk/questions I did go and have him sign my well loved copy of World War Z. Why? Why not? It was an hour and change well spent and I am totally glad I went! If you get the chance to hear this guy talk zombies go! It is worth it!


1 comment:

  1. Was a good talk! Humor and plenty of people watching makes for a great time! Glad I went too! Now to get the Kindle charged up so I can finally finish World War Z. Lots of nerds but they didn't seem to smell like in the game shop, perhaps the large room helped?

    ReplyDelete