Thursday, August 30, 2012

New kicks that give me sight beyond sight!

In a world where the gods know I need another pair of Chucks, I got me these sweet bastards!



Yes these are Thunder Cat Chucks and that is the official Cats Lair in the background. These sweet bastards can be found at Journeys for a limited time. Cats Lair on the other hand, is quasi-vintage and not available anywhere.
One side is the standard Eye of Thundara and the the other side is.................



 
.................the major or important characters. There is no Wily Kit or Wily Kat on these shoes, and thank the gods there is no Snarf! Who liked that furry bastard anyway?
 
 
Meanwhile, Manders recovered Cats Lair while helping clean out her grandparents home. It was a survivor of the lot of misfit toys there. I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but it makes an awesome background for my new kicks! Maybe it will be terrain or be sent to the world of E-bay.


I'll admit it is in good shape for actually being used as a toy, unlike so many others. It has the original box as well. A typical 80's playset much like Castle Greyskull, Snake Mountain or that thing the Gobots had. There is the mandatory elevator and trap door/ jail cell. Plus shining light through the Eye of Thundara actually works. It does the whole projection on a wall, or at the time I tried it a t-shirt.
I never had this as a kid and it is pretty cool to see it. Now if only someone had a U.S.S. Flagg for me to see and play with..........

No comments:

Post a Comment