Tuesday, April 26, 2011

home again home again

Back last nite from Ohio/ West Virginia and I'm glad to see it is just as wet here as it was the last two days there. We stayed at North Bend again (a state park in the foothills of the Appalachians) in their very spartan cabins.  The weather was descent and we hiked. When it rained we caught up on movies and hit Last Night on Earth (a riot of a zombie game) and I even read Helsreach while I was out there.

The landscape reminds me of the Lord o' the Rings movies, maybe it is why I like it out there. Here are a few pics from three of the trails we hiked.


trail cuts around this, looked neat

cut through the rock, by red trail marker

cut through again, off to right..

....and through the other side



  Death on the trails! Well just the remains of a couple deer on separate trails.



It was also Easter and we decided, probably for the last time (my kid is "old" now) to hit the eggs. I did a couple, but I was impressed with his 40K eggs: a couple are supporting the Archenemy, a green tide Ork WAAAAAGGHHH!!, and there is even one for the Macragge marines (or the Indianapolis Colts). Not bad considering he was going from memory and only had Dudley's color stuff and a white crayon to work with.

Not a bad trip, except for the monsoon season that started the last two days there. Well back to reality tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment