Saturday, April 30, 2011

good bye fall season hello summer

What is this? A rare weekend post.

Well with the few T.V. shows i watch winding down, this is when I would lament nothing to watch. Well thankfully people got the memmo and have made late spring and summer a descent time for T.V.

actually not as cool as a fez

The new season of Dr. Who has started. I have been loyal since the rebirth in 2005. I have been a bit leary of each new doctor. I like Eccleston, I loved Tennent and am warming up to Matt Smith. The 1st official episode this year wasn't super awesome, but it is the 1st episode of the season. It is building and will get better, they usually do.


I'll admitt it openly, I have a man crush on Sean Bean.

HBO has give me another show to love, A Game of Thrones. It is only two episodes in and I'm hooked. It is fantasy based, but not is typical crazy fantasy. It is I guess low fantasy? Anyway it has a pretty soild cast and looks to only get better. It is also very mature. The adult situations are plentiful and not recommended for younger or even some older viewers. I is solid so far and I'm very anxious to see where it goes. Having Boromir and Peter Dinklage on the show help as well. These guys rock!

Then there is True Blood after that. Then somewhere Torchwood: Miracle Day (hopefully when Dr. Who ends). BBC is also running Battlestar from the beginnignand I'll happily watch that through a 2nd time (as will "Manders" who only got hooked the final season).

So with: Archer, Parks and Rec (should have started this show sooner), the Bang Show, Modern Family and Community all winding down or done I now have some something to watch that isn't comedy. Another nice bonus to the coming summer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment