Tuesday, November 9, 2010

follow us and grow useful extra limbs,heads,feet or what have you!



Well while painting yesterday afternoon, I randomly threw this idea together. An army list that is not as cool as 66 genestealers, but just as silly as that, if not worse. Tzeentch, an army list that if run pure is not all that scary. Sure they all have a 4+ invulnerable save, but they have no real hand-to-hand threat. They do have all kinds of cool shooting and that is what I decided build upon.

So where to start? Well it isn’t Tzeentch with a Lord of Change with no upgrades. They are descent on their own. So there is a HQ choice down. I also really like the bonuses you get with chariots; and the ability to take two heralds as one HQ. I’ll nab two Heralds with chariots for some staying power. I’ll throw on Bolt of Tzeentch for fun and Master of Sorcery two shoot two ‘guns.” With a little left over, I’ll add Soul Devourer. It is a power weapon. I don’t want to get to grips with people, but if I do I have that for help. I put no faith in strength 3 guys with power weapons, but if I’m hand-to-hand I get what I deserve. Plus it can cause Instant Death, which really….isn’t that useful anymore.

Ok on to troops, which if you know me, are my favorite units! What units? Why Pink/Blue horrors and only those of course.
TROOP 1 Pink Horror x10 and Bolt of Tzeentch
TROOP 2 Pink Horror x10 Bolt of Tzeentch and Icon
TROOP 3 Pink Horror x10 Bolt of Tzeentch and Icon
TROOP 4 Pink Horror x10 Bolt of Tzeentch and Changeling (he is cheap and Tzeentchie)
Well that doesn’t leave much left, when building to 1500, my preferred army limit.

So with the remaining points I’ll add…
Flamers x3 with Bolt of Tzeentch
Flamers x3 with Bolt of Tzeentch

This gives me five points left over for fun. I could always dump the Heralds for another Lord O’ Change and some extra points, but the double Heralds intrigue me as a unit and for modeling fun.

So is this a scary list? Nope. Can it shoot bunches? Yup. Is the shooting scary? Maybe if the dice are hot for you and not for your opponent. Is it survivable? Well ½ the time yup, with 4+ invulnerable it is easy to see it that way. Will I ever build it? Probably not, but Tzeentch demons would let me make all kinds of weird stuff, since that is kind of their thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment