Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Another day another future army list, I do this a lot


Tyranids have become the bane of codices in the game as of 5th edition. The army people once loved to run now is a pox on the game to those same people. Gone are the days of dual Tyrants, genestealers the eat face, and multiple Carnifex units, either the heavy or elite variety.

Now the interweb only acknowledges the multiple Tervigon, Hive Guard and drop podding Zoanthrope build, with a sprinkling in of whatever else you feel is needed.

I don’t miss the multiple Hive Tyrants, always one with wings, which would plague the table. I never could beat those two HQ units, just those two and then there was the rest of the army. I do miss Without Number, that was cool, but that seems to have been replaced with the Tervigon. I guess now it is more like With or Without Possible Numbers when you run Tervigons.

I miss the fear of the bug list. Lately this army, well it just isn’t as scary. Sure Mawlocs and Trygons can do some damage, and are sweet models. Yes Tervigons can also spawn so many extra troops and are tough 6 with 6 wounds, but where is the fear and fun in that? Just sitting still and spawning? Just waiting and waiting for a reserve roll so you can pop that monster up from the depths. Trying to find a way to justify wings on a tyrant that is and isn’t as kill crazy as before. Where are you going Ian? You are rambling again.

Well, I’m going here…my Tyranny list or what I would run if I ever get the want to play gribbly bugs at 1500 points.

We start with troops, the core of my armies. I like troops!
Squad 1 = 11 Genestealers with adrenal glands
Squad 2 = 11 Genestealers with adrenal glands
Squad 3 = 11 Genestealers with adrenal glands and Broodlord
Squad 4 = 11 Genestealers with adrenal glands and Broodlord
Squad 5 = 11 Genestealers with adrenal glands and Broodlord
Squad 6 = 11 Genestealers with adrenal glands and Broodlord

That leaves 126 points for a HQ. Probably a Warrior Prime modeled to look like a Patriarch, or the old Patriarch model. I could drop a Broodlord for a Tyrant. I do have an Inquisitor scale Genestealer model, thank you e-bay lot of 40K models auction. It would look just fine as a giant leader Genestealer.

I see them infiltrating as far forward as possible or all going reserve to out flank.

Will it blown to bits on the way across. YES! Will terrain be both a good and bad thing? YES! Does it have potential to wreak havoc? YES!

Sure it isn’t competitive, but that isn’t why I post on this blog. I run for fun and actually like to paint and model a bit too.

No comments:

Post a Comment