Wednesday, November 10, 2010

2 of 6 bikes done


I wanted my attack bikes to look different so here is the first one. It is my 40K rendition of the G.I.Joe R.A.M. This was one of the first G.I.Joe vehicles I received as a kid. It was a motorcycle with a gatling gun on the side. Awesome stuff!
So, this is my Night Lord Multi Melta bike. I'll pair it with the scout bike below on a large base. Thus giving two bikes to equal the two wounds. It seems to work on paper.


It isn't super fancy, but it conveys a microwave gun on a bike. It is a little close to the rider, but marine armor is supposed to be all ceramite and such to protect from such things. A little melta blow back shouldn't hurt the rider.Right?

Besides, before it is fired it can be hydraulically pushed out away for rider saftey. Yeah that's it! See it has all that cool hydraulic stuff on the mount behind the seat! That is what it is for! Quick off the cuff with that idea to cover a small design flaw.


I thought a little flayed skin and ork tooth would look nice where the bolters would go. The scout bike has the twin bolters, so this bike didn't need them. A Chaos loincloth thing seemed to work just fine as torn flesh. The rider even carved some sigils into it and applied an ork tooth to it for luck!


I like the lighter look of the scout bikes. It should add some flavor to mix and match these with the regular bikes.


Rear end didn't line up just right, but hopefully this is the only time anyone will notice.
Little display picture. Nothing fancy there; just wanna be lights, buttons and switches.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the lightning effect on the bikes man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx! I'm not a huge fan, but from tabletop/gaming distance it seems to work.

    ReplyDelete