Monday, September 9, 2013

"I'm not a number! I'm a free man!"



I cut my metal teeth on Iron Maiden. I had the chance to see them once and it was just an awful experience as they played only their new album. It crushed me.

However my band of brothers had gone to see the current Maiden England tour as promised it was good.
Last night in St Louis I had my chance to see it with them. It did not disappoint!





The set list was almost everything I could ever want from an Iron Maiden show. Two song swaps and I think my head would have exploded. I mean actually burst from excitement and awesomeness.

Moonchild starts the set........


We get a three song set of: Can I Play with Madness, followed by The Prisoner, and then Two Minutes to Midnight.

Ok, they have my attention and eyes are bulging.....



The Trooper stage from the show last night. I didn't get this shot, but thanx to whatever tweeter/tweerper who did!
This was frakin awesome! I should have worn the matching shoes....


Then, The Trooper followed by Number of the Beast! 
Head twitching and nose bleeding........

Then a small pause for the Phantom of the Opera, which I am not a fan. Way too long and just not a good song. Would have been a great place for Flight of Icarus instead!

Then the drums start and we get Run to the Hills!
Starting to seize...........

This  is instantly followed by a sweet guitar intro that leads to Wasted Years!

This is what happens to me! Yeah two more of my all time favorites back to back. How could my head not explode?!

They finish the set with.........
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden



These were both giant set pieces. The 7th Song cover was all animatronic with moving head, full flame from head and creepy moving fetus.


The encore might have been the weakest bit of the show.
Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Running Free 


Now these aren't bad songs. They are good. I just was hoping for a bit more umph! at the end.
The middle of the set was just face melting awesome so it balanced out well. The only thing to make it more awesome would have been Flight of Icarus, Stranger in a Strange Land or The Wickerman I think my bladder and bowels would have emptied!

The teenage Ian!!! was in full force last night. I finally got tot see the Iron Maiden I always wanted and hoped for. A great frakin' show and I thank the guys for getting me there!












No comments:

Post a Comment