Friday, June 14, 2013

E3

E3 has passed by again, and this was the first year I didn’t pay it a ton of attention. It is due to G4 being non-existent. The daily 3-6 hours of E3 coverage was missed by me. There was also the new XBOX and Playstation console stuff that I’m not excited about. I will wait to see how and what comes out on the systems before I get interested. Plus there are always bugs and issues with a new system release. I also want to stay away from all of that crap.

Having to wade through the interweb for my E3 coverage was a bit annoying. Guess I’m lazy and just would like one person, place, site, channel or what have you to compound everything for me to look at. The interweb is really hit and miss with coverage, but it is what it is. At the end of the week there are a few games that have peaked my interest and a couple that make me scratch my head.





Arkham Origins- I have yet to play the other two (they are on the list) but this prequel to the Arkham Batman games looks cool.

Titanfall- A run and gunner set in the future, alt universe, other planet etc. Pretty standard third person shooter it seems. Then you add in robots! An early look, but it might fill the void that has been empty since Gears of War 3.

Wolfenstein New World Order-  The trailer for this easily grabbed my attention. Those pesky Nazis have won and post WWII is a different place. Now it seems we are killin’ some Nazis in an alternate America. Seems pretty standard for a shooter, and then I saw Bethesda was putting this out. That adds another bit of enticement. I do love me some Bethesda games. They have rarely disappointed me.

Dead Rising 3 – The trailer looks great and who doesn’t love some zombie killing? Wait….Dead Rising, the original, had just awful mechanics. I guess that is why I never played the follow ups. At least it looks pretty to watch, but I’ll stay away.

Star Wars Battlefront- This was a quick teaser, but from what they showed my nerd brain was all a buzz. I can give the Battlefront people another chance if they can get this right and make a good Star Wars first person shooter ( well besides Dark Forces for the PS1).

Mad Max- This was a teaser and a head scratcher for me. What the Hell is the point and what will this be? A driving game? A mix of action and driving? These are my two guesses. Does this movie need a game? Never did. With the superior Fallout series and soon the return of Wastelands, do we need Mad Max? Time will tell.

Final Fantasy (insert number)- I really liked Final Fantasy XII. I played the shit out of that, powered everyone to the max found and killed almost everything. The combat and leveling systems were great. I heard nothing good about Final Fantasy XIII, and stayed away. I used to get excited for these games and now I shrug when they are released. It looks pretty, will have some new system for doing stuff and people will love and hate it. Yup, it is a Final Fantasy game.

Killer Instinct- This is my big head scratcher. This was a 90’s arcade fighter that starred a bunch of Mortal Combat rejects. Why is this getting a reboot? Are the last three fans of this game the development team? I guess there isn’t enough Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, Soul Caliber and Tekken games out there. Here comes the return of Killer Instinct. Booooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment