Friday, March 29, 2013

It is best candy ever season!


Halloween, Christmas and Easter are the big candy times of the year. Each has their own brand of sugary awesomeness, but one stands above the others. Easter! Easter has the best candies. Now Halloween is known for the quantites of candy, but they are mostly just smaller sized versions of regular candy. Christmas is mostly minty stuff and various cookies. Easter, is a bunch of awesome candies in various egg, rabbit and bird shapes. What candies makes Easter the ruler of delicious treats?


Cadbury Eggs

A hollow chocolate egg filled with a sugary fake yolk! Now these have changed a bit over the years, they used to be completely filled with a semi-solid sugar substance. Now they are only like 1/3 full and it is more fluid-like sugar goo that seems more egg yolk-ish. It doesn’t really matter that they have changed, as I still will enjoy at least two or three of these each Easter.




Cadbury Mini-eggs


Another Cadbury treat is a hard candy shell covering a solid tiny chocolate egg. I am usually not a fan of the tiny pure chocolate treats. However, you cover it in a crunchy pastel colored candy shell and I will mow them down.


Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs

I like Reese’s Peanut butter cups and all, but I covet and will destroy their Peanut butter Eggs. I have no idea why as they are just altered peanut butter cups. Still give me a pack of six and I will demolish them if nobody stops me. These so totally rock! Not to mention that trying to mash the cups together to form an egg shape (after the Easter season) doesn’t come close to these. I mean not that I have tried or anything………


Russell Stover Eggs

Forget the box of gamble chocolates, these flavors are known. The almost palm sized chocolate eggs are filled with coconut cream, marshmallow, vanilla, strawberry, raspberry cream or that maple stuff. They are larger and better versions of the assortment box, or gamble chocolates. The difference is they are bigger, better and you can easily grab the flavor you like.


Peeps

These delightful marshmallow chicks and bunnies are always a staple. However, they have lost some enjoyment since they have Peeps for every occasion and holiday. I still make sure to enjoy a few each Easter.


Jelly Beans

Another once a year treat that has lost a little specialness as well. The availability of jelly beans year round from the Jelly Belly people make Easter jelly beans not as cool. Still as a youth, this was the only time I would get them. I would power through I’d covet the black beans for last, as they are the best!

As you can see, Easter has the best candies and it is nigh impossible to sample it each year. It destroys the Halloween candy and mocks the minty Christmas treats. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope the Easter Bunny brings you a basket of all your favorites!! Always remember jelly beans are Easter Bunny poop, soooo do you really like the black ones best?

    ReplyDelete