Monday, February 25, 2013

So...Tau and Eldar are next?

 
It seems that the powers of the warp are the next army out of the chute.
 
Well the last 40K army release  rumors I had heard were that the Tau and Eldar were supposed to be the early armies for 6th in 2013. Wait it was chaos then Tau, or was it Black Templars then Eldar, or whatever. This is just another reason I put no faith in the internet rumors.



Anyway having a Khorne demon army I am very apprehensive about this new codex. There is a really good chance that my 1500+ points  worth of blood crazies will be coming to an internet auction site near you. I just have a sick suspicion that changes to Bloodletters and Khorne stuff will be bad. No idea why or any proof, but I just think that they will take a negative hit.

This is written by Phil Kelly and I am a bit underwhelmed by the Chaos codex too, and that also bothers me. He seems to write space elves well, but I am not convinced he can write other armies  as well.

I can guess the deep striking whole army in halves will be gone. The eternal warrior for models, that it works for, will be go away. I can guess demon princes will mimic the Chaos codex, and be underwhelming and too expensive. I am thinking that they will have full psykers and not special warp shooting powers. They will have an overpriced type of anti-aircraft weapon. Hopefully the herald can still take a chariot as an option, because I want to make one of those out of the Warriors of Chaos version.

I'll know next weekend,since this drops then.

No comments:

Post a Comment