Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A good geek week

The last seven days have made for a pretty stellar geek week.

Last Tuesday was the DVD release of Cabin in the Woods, a new favorite of mine!


This week is the DVD release of Avengers, and we all should know how awesome that movie is!





Then there are the millions of geeks and nerds running to play the next panda filled expansion to WOW.


The game cinematic is pretty, but the Jackie Chan feel is a bit too much for me. Still geeks are all super excited for this, much like I am for Cabin and Avengers.

Then there was the release of Dredd, which is a character I have a soft spot for since I heard Anthrax singing about him years and years ago ( I Am The Law....great song!), 2000 A.D. comics, and Judgment on Gotham team-up. Yeah it probably is a stinker of a film, but it has my inner geek going I'll probably end up seeing it sooner rather than later.


Plus there is the immanent release of the first 6th edition 40K army and we have all gotten a good look at bad model, but here is hoping the Chaos codex is better. The real bad guys of the 40K universe are about to get a much needed make over and the advanced orders are up. Now to see how awesome the previous crappy units are now and how the good units have gotten the shaft. I'm looking at you Possessed and Plague Marines respectively.

Indeed a descent geeky seven days!




No comments:

Post a Comment