Thursday, March 29, 2012

Necrons under new management.

I got off my ass a while back and grabbed a command barge Necron lord. Being plastic vs. the old metal lords is a huge plus. I figured to make him Nemesor if I ever get around to playing again. The same time I also grabbed a previous metal lord. He was cheap and for a reason.

His sculpt was crap! The back piece tube spine thing was nothing but  a big clump of metal at the top. He also was filthy with chunks of flash bits. His rez orb was a wreck as well. Still he was salvageable.




A small chop and a the spine tube was workable. I had some extra metal Flayed One hands, so the rez orb was swapped for a bladed hand. I cut the warschtye and modded a new blade for it. A couple of Tomb King khopeshes and the warscythe had a new look. Sadly I could get all the metal off the shaft, so it still looks a bit clumpy toward the top. I was filing it down and it started to bend a bit, and a bit clumpy is better than bendy in my book. A bent weapon is pretty noticeable. A small bit of extra metal is a little easier to miss.

I like the look of the blade fingers. I figure these guys can morph their fingers into blades for combat or something. Go all pointy metal T-1000 style when fighting.

My Nemesor Zahndrekh model I used my other spare Flayed One hand. I wasn't sold on the resurrection orb look, so I ditched it. I also swapped his head for a destroyer head. I have a lord on foot with the same head swap in my army previously. I figured he was elevated from Lord to Over Lord. So same head to complete the look.


The sempiternal weave is painted silver and washed to give it a less shiny and more heavy metal (insert Bill and ted air guitar motion & sound here) appearance. I also went simple for posing. The legs don't really give much of a choice. Standing still and pointing his warscythe froward was all I could really get. Holding the weapon skyward looked silly and would be a pain to transport as well.

His left hand was swapped with a Flayed One blade hand to keep with the other lord's look. However, he has his arm at rest for a less active look. He doesn't really want to fight, but has weapons if he needs them. That is sort of what I wanted Nemesor to look like. I think it works.


Here are my two new Necron HQ's. Now to start the minor ret-cons on my warrior's gun barrels. Ick!

No comments:

Post a Comment