Monday, March 19, 2012

Great weeknd to be me!

The second season of the Walking Dead finished last night and damn it did not disappoint. For a season that was a real slow burn, the last six episodes have been pretty damn awesome! The last ten minutes of the finale had me at the edge of the couch all a twitter with nerd filled excitement.

SPOILER PIC BELOW............





This had me all but jump off the couch! A favorite character of mine, from the comic, looks to enter season three. 'Bout damn time too! If that wasn't enough then the closing shot of the episode was icing on the zombie-filled cake! The next season looks to cover some of my favorite Walking Dead story arcs. October cannot get here soon enough!


Friday I finished mass Effect 2 and picked up Mass Effect 3 yesterday. I powered through 2, just so I could get to 3. Mass Effect 2 was pretty damn awesome. A great sequel that really has me chomping at the bit to play the final part. I am holding off until Tuesday, my day off, to start the final chapter.  Being able to port Shepard and crew into part 3 with everything is so awesome!



The ending of part 2 was descent. It was a pretty good mission to end with, just the right mix of frantic running gun battle and boss fight (who looks like Iron Maiden cover art).  I am just glad I made it through the final mission and lost none of my crew. Suicide mission my ass! That means everyone gets to have a part in the final game, even my love interest...Jak.

Yeah the Mass Effect universe's own Lisbeth Salander-ish character. Why her? Not sure, I flirted with all the ladies and turned down Miranda, she was too easy. I just kinda let the game decide. Does it matter if you do this, not really. I like that it does add some to the story, but not enough to be a "must do" in the game.


Even Saturday was alright. The hockey game was awash as the Blaze got face beat 6-1, but it had a phenomenal fight and a ton of great body checks. Before then I even started painting a few models. It has been a while and I have some new stuff to paint.

A pretty good weekend in my mind; great zombies, universe saved (for now), hockey fight, and new painting. The only thing missing was pie!

3 comments:

  1. How about the way Denver dropped the son of Jesus at the drop of a hat for ol broke neck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flipped my shit at the end of "The Walking Dead".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom see next post please.

    @ Chris,
    The last ten minutes of the show was just great. Rick laying down the law, Michonne and the prison.....next season better be awesome. They look to be covering my favorite storyline. Now where is the governor?

    ReplyDelete