Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cinderella was right......

........You really don't know what you got. 'Till its gone. They were just genius level band weren't they.

When Hostess imploded and went away I knew how the character of Tallahassee felt about the loss of the Twinkie.


If you haven't seen Zombieland then stop reading and go watch it!
Woody Harrelson is fantastic as the ass-kicking Tallahassee.


   

The possibility of never having another Twinkie or Chocodile again was soul crushing. I don't eat a ton of these, but like three times a year I'll crush some Twinkies while gaming or utterly destroy Chocodiles if I can find them. 

Hostess was a big name and some company would buy up the chance to remake their delicious treats. Low and behold it happened. The Twinkie has returned!


I grabbed a box to see if these spongy yellow bastards to celebrate their return.



Here it is in all it's yellow godly glory!


They looked and smelled like the Twinkie of old and I eagerly dove into one. Once again, I knew what Tallahassee was feeling as he finally got his Twinkie.



they look, smell and feel the same, but the taste and consistency is off. It isn't awful. but it is just wrong. It is like when they throw the steak through the teleporter in the fly. What comes out looks and smells like steak, but it is wrong. If you have never had a Twinkie then you'll not care. If you love them then you might be disappointed. I know I am. I guess I shouldn't have expected a 100% accurate reboot, but I was hoping.

Maybe it is for the best since science says to stay away for foods like this. However, the occasional Hostess treat makes for awesome gaming food. I'll always have my fond Twinkie and Chocodile memories (don't even get me going on the Choco-bliss either). Plus I always have the raspberry Zingers to use as a delicious fallback.




No comments:

Post a Comment