Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A break from blue..enter the pig gun!

My first Hordes model is complete. The Farrow Gun Boar is a model I've had for some time. Not sure if I'll ever play Hordes, but a pig with a back mounted cannon really speaks to me.

The skin color was the hardest part. I decided on dwarf flesh, a wash of ogryn flesh and some pallid flesh dabbed on for flavor/ highlights. I think it works for a dirty but not filthy pig color.

The gun mount was a bit off center, might be the giant chunk of metal on the base I had to saw and file down. I eventually got it to where I could mount it on his back, and it was still a bit askew. I don't hate the finished look of it, well they are pig monsters they aren't concerned with aesthetics.
 

 more pics below


I'll probably hit him with a does for Testors duff coat, since some of the matte finish came out shiny.
I think I need to put a drop of gloss varnish on the lens of his goggles as well. Just for a final touch. That and flock him if he ever wants to see the battlefield.



No comments:

Post a Comment