Friday, March 29, 2019

Adepticon Dust 1947 Axis Army

An over head shot of my Adepticon Dust 1947 army for the Paradise Lost Tournament this weekend.
I have a healthy swarm of melee zombies to be a first wave meat shield. They will be followed by my weaponized zombie troopers with heavy weapons and my walkers. The second wave of zombies is also able to grab objectives.


Blutkreuz Army List
Bluetkruez Zombie Schwarm Platoon
Totenmeister                      9AP
Zombie Squad x7                  35 AP 

Bluetkreuz Krampfgruppe Von Stein's Platoon
Frank Von Stein                    8 AP 
Zombie grenadier Squad x2  18 AP
Zombie Suicide Sqaud x2      16 AP
Henrich Tropical walker x2   16 AP
Flammluther II                       13 AP

Total Points: 107 (with 10% faction bonus)

I figure with a army based on two waves might work. Hopefully, I can tie down units with mindless fearless and resilient troops. Then my guns can walk on to counter attack. 
Granted if I am up against heavy vehicles and/or aircraft I will be at a real disadvantage. I have a few guns to plink at aircraft and a few rpg's for some small and mid range vehicles. The bigger stuff I am gonna be screwed if it drives up across the board from me. 


I did manage to paint a few models for this army, but I am not super proud of them. However, they are done and ready for action this weekend.

First is the Totenmeister, the leader of the zombie swarm. 
He wields a blood cross to control and help reanimate the dead.


 This is Wolfgang an early convert to the Blutkreuz. I have worked him into my 75 point army, but I dropped him from the 100 point list. I went of a quasi-North Africa looking German uniform with a healthy amount of grim attached.



 Finally here are just four of the twenty-five mindless zombies. I originally was going to paint them like the ten I had painted up to use as Cryx Mechanithralls ( click here to see  Previous Dust zombie painted for Warmachine )

Having 25 of these guys to paint I instantly gave up on the idea of painting faces. I decided to go with the gas mask heads to save time. Then I thought why not paint them like U.S. troops. So.... a lot of olive drab, and a green wash. originally I was looking at ten units of these zombies, but I really really don't want to paint 15 more of them. Hopefully 35 zombies is plenty.



Well now all I need to do is pack all this up and wait until Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I love these zombie models. Would you be willing to sell them, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, love these zombies! Are they for sale, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the year plus delay on the comment. If you ever check back...thank you for the comment and sadly no they are not for sale as they still get pretty good usage.

      Delete