Thursday, August 24, 2017

Star Wars tabletop mini game?

I see this at the Fantasy Flight booth.


What?
Why?
What?

A tabletop mini Star Wars wargame with pre-painted models?
What?

I don’t get this. I mean there is Imperial Assault which is already a strategy boardgame using Star Wars people places and know characters.
Now they are putting out a tabletop miniature wargame that isn’t X-Wing?

I get that they have a license and are using it for everything they can.
I get that Star Wars is popular.
I get that this will make money as it fulfills fans of Star Wars and mini wargames.

It does seem a bit off that this will probably cut into their Imperial Assault sales. I mean if I knew this was in the pipes a year plus ago, then I would have passed on Imperial Assault and just waited for Legion.

Sadly, I will not be getting this game as I have too much stuff to play already and Fantasy Flight has pillaged my wallet enough with tiny ships and models.

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe it is pre-painted. But my interest level is pretty low. I think Imperial Assault is more reflective of Star Wars anyway. Regardless Pass.

    ReplyDelete