Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Day?


Image result for turd sandwich vs giant douche 2016



Ok its election day here in America. The day where everyone wants you to run out and vote. Well to run out and vote for whom they say you should choose and not the other person.

I can say I have never voted and will continue to do so for the time being. Why?

#1 My home state has been blue since Regan. If I was a Republican, then my one vote wouldn’t change that out come at all. If I was Democrat, then we win the state without my vote anyway. The color of this state isn’t changing anytime soon. So why bother.

#2 These two wanna be Presidential goons are both abysmal choices. Do people really think that either of these two megalomaniacs can/will help this country? These two candidates are just awful. The only reason to vote for one is so that the other awful choice isn’t elected. Is that where we are now? The lesser of two evils is the best choice for America? Guess what then. The lesser of two evils is still evil.

#3 Vote third party then right? Well that seems like as waste of time too. No third party person has a snowball’s chance in Hell of winning the Presidency. If anything voting third party will just help one of the two main awful choices get elected.

#4 No matter who I vote for it would be the wrong choice for ½ the country. The hate, vitriol and ridicule for these two parties and followers of these parties is terrible. If you vote for someone that isn’t a media darling, the popular choice in your area, or what have you: then you are branded with some horrible label and open to vicious mockery by the opposing side. This is beyond childish and I still have yet to understand why people can’t be open and civil about this, but every four years it is the same. I want no part of that crap. Mostly because it feels like childish grade school shenanigans and I’m above that.

#5 It is my right to vote and I choose to waive that right. I don’t judge you on whom you cast vote for. Don’t persecute me for not voting.

Image result for none of the above brewster millions
Brewster's Millions is spot on this year!

Ian!!!,  if you don’t vote then you can’t complain, you don’t contribute, you don’t count, you don’t even exist at this school (sorry Breakfast Club breaking through there) or everything else. Nope not true at all. Just because I don’t vote doesn’t mean I lose my ability to speak freely. Plus I didn’t vote to put any of these a-holes in place. Everyone else did.

I refer to the great George Carlin on this issue….

“I don't vote. Two reasons. First of all it's meaningless; this country was bought and sold a long time ago. The shit they shovel around every 4 years *pfff* doesn't mean a fucking thing. Secondly, I believe if you vote, you have no right to complain. People like to twist that around – they say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain', but where's the logic in that? If you vote and you elect dishonest, incompetent people into office who screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You caused the problem; you voted them in; you have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote, who in fact did not even leave the house on election day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain about the mess you created that I had nothing to do with.”

Truer words. Man I miss that guy.

Now if you live in “battleground” state, then yeah make sure you get out there and try to sway this election your way. There the votes might actually make a difference, well at least there is a chance to make a difference in those states.

If you want to vote at the local and state level then that might actually make a difference. Where I am it sadly will not, so I abstain in that arena as well.

I’m not saying don’t vote. Go do your civic duty. Just don’t rub it in my face and feel superior because I choose to abstain.

Election Day 2016…the beginning or the beginning of the end, depending on which camp you support/hate.
Image result for i didn't vote

No comments:

Post a Comment