Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Real life interlude. No gaming here.



There comes a time when a person settles down with another person and they both go in on a house.

There are times when said people split and one of them is left with aforementioned house.

There are times when said person with aforementioned house moves out and into another house.

Then this person has two houses upkeep.

I was one of these people.

The last few months it has been a mishmash of work on my previous home to get it on the resale market. A mix of relaxing weekends and days off swapped for home repair and beautification. The good news is that there were not huge glaring fixes that need to be made, but work needed to be done. You know painting, cleaning, flooring, and a last minute water heater replacement. It has been “fun!”

Almost three weeks ago the house was ready and was listed.

Almost three weeks later the place has sold! I did not expect the place to sell for months, or even years!

I am free of that (well barring anything unfortunate that could arise before the official closing) house!
I will soon have only one home to concern myself with and more importantly only one house payment to make. Hell I might actually have some free time on the weekends for shenanigans again instead of working at a home where I no longer reside.

A good feeling. Let’s see how long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment